Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Today, I want to talk Sweet Potato Fries!  They're the best, especially for me because I'm not supposed to eat regular fries (Doctor's Orders).  So I taught myself how to make fries from sweet potatoes, and I'm going to pass my knowledge on to you.


Gather up one yam per person, some olive oil, salt and pepper.  Chop up the sweet potatoes, and dump them in a bowl.  Fill the bowl with water and let the "fries" soak for 30 minutes.  I learned this tip from a magazine-- soaking the fries will drain the extra water so when you bake them they will A.) Take less time and B.) turn out crispier.


Once they're done soaking, drain the fries and put them in a bowl with a tablespoon of oil and a dash of salt and pepper.  Toss the fries until they're coated then spread them out on a baking sheet.

Bake at 450 degrees for 20-30 minutes... flipping the fries over about halfway through.


Pull them out of the oven and then chow down!  Delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...