Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Veggie Stew

I have a new summer recipe that I'm totally in love with... AND if you're like my friend at work who can't seem to get enough veggies in her diet-- it's the perfect solution.


I know the idea of Stew in the Summer doesn't sound appealing.  It's hot outside, and who wants to be cooking a hot dish to eat hot.  Well I do, because trust me-- it's delicious!


Courtesy: A Veggie Venture
I stumbled upon this little gem on where else but Pintrest?  It's my favorite place to find new recipes to try.  I haven't had anything yet that I didn't like.

Now when I first made this recipe, I did it the way the recipe told me to and it turned out good, but I have to say-- I wasn't a big fan of the eggplant.  So the second time I made it, I replaced the eggplant with the zucchini.  I also added some peas to the mix.  It turned out incredibly delicious!


If you read Monday's post, you know that I cannot live on veggies alone.   I like to eat the stew over brown rice with a piece of pan fried chicken.  Makes for a delicious dinner-- and tons of servings of veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...