Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sleep, Food and 35 Pounds

I fell off the inspiration train last week.  Sorry for the lack of posts, I was having a hard time coming up with things to write about-- and even finding time to write the cruddy ideas I had was a difficult task.  So I abandoned you instead.. but I did give you that awesome ice cream recipe, so you're welcome!

Last week, I told you how I felt like I was being counter-productive.  Not so much working out, a lot of bad food choices.  Mmmm... corn dogs!   And apparently my attitude in that post set the tone for the entire week.  I made less-than-great food choices, and I slept a LOT more than I worked out.  It definitely showed in my weigh-in, which I didn't post on Facebook (like my page!!!) for a reason... it wasn't great.  In fact it was non-existent.




Flash forward to Friday....

For the first time in weeks, I was actually able to go to my Pilates class.  And on that day our regular teacher was out, and the drill sergeant as I like to call her, was in.  My abs are still sore from that class.  But it's good.  It's a reminder to me that I chose this... and despite the pint of Salt and Straw Ice Cream I ate yesterday, it seems to be working.  Yesterday I actually woke up, made myself some breakfast, went to Zumba and made good food choices all day long.  I'm hoping to keep this momentum going for the week and a half to come (Pre-Montana Extravaganza)

PS- skipping breakfast is the absolute worst thing you can do for yourself.  This was a fact that I knew, but chose to ignore... let's just say it lead me to make a lot of late night decisions that weren't healthy.

Now to some exciting news...


I realize I haven't really talked about Jason much since announcing he had to lose about 100 pounds before he could take his amazing adventure to South Korea.  Honestly, I thought he would be documenting more of his journey on his very own blog-- but he didn't, and that's ok!

ANYWAY...

After months of sweating his ass off, our "little" guy is just 35 pounds away from being eligible to go.  And as you can see from the photos above, he's made quite the transformation so far!  I'm incredibly excited for him, and I know I keep saying this, but I'm also inspired by the way he's tackled this setback.  I only hope I can continue to make better choices and get myself to a similar space.

That's all for today folks!  You'll be happy to know I've been preparing posts for the next few weeks, so you won't have to go with out :)

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...