Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fall Has Arrived!


Can I just express for one moment, how incredibly excited I am that fall is here?  Oh so excited!  We had our first fall "storm" this weekend.  The remnants of Typhoon Usagi in Japan.  The wind has been howling, the rain has been falling, and I've been happy as a clam!

I started decorating for Halloween, the most wonderful time of the year!  Many of you may think it's Christmas... but you would be wrong!  This time of year to me means rain storms, pumpkins, leaves, sweaters, warm beverages, family, quilts, crafts, and much more!

I'm excited to share with you some of my favorite fall recipes, Halloween crafts,  and spooky activities around the Portland area this month.  It's going to be great!  (If you like that sort of thing, of course.)


If you follow me on Facebook, you know that this week I lost .4 pounds.  It was a great triumph, even though it was small.   It means my hard work to log my calories and workout 4 days a week paid off.   This week has been less productive, because we've spent the last few days getting working on the car, and getting Jason situated for Korea.

Thankfully we finally made it to the grocery store, and did some meal prep.  Part of our problem recently, has been a lack of planning.  We've had to fend for ourselves, food-wise-- which left to our own devices means more sweets and fatty foods.

I'm hoping getting back into some better habits will inspire us to hit it hard for the rest of the year.  Even though we're transitioning into fall, and the for me, the season of eating :)

I hope you have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...