Monday, October 28, 2013

A New Adventure!

We got some great news this week!  After nearly a year of applying, working hard to lose weight, applying some more, and being put through an emotional roller coaster by the South Korean Government... Jason is heading across the pacific early next year to teach English.

We still have one piece of paper work we're waiting on, and then we're sending his official documents to Seoul...  But the big hurdles are done!

We've been equal parts celebrating, planning, and trying to get through our Halloween Advent Calendar.  If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed a few days are missing.  Don't fret, we'll finish them-- it's just been such a whirlwind this week, the daily schedule got a bit jumbled.



Ahhh.... can I just say how incredibly excited I am that all of our hard work has paid off?  Yes, I say "our" ... because though Jason will be the one leaving, I also have a role in this: cheerleader, organizer, emotional support, workout buddy, healthy meal cooker, stress diffuser, and all-around amazing/supportive girlfriend.  I am so proud of how far we've come as a couple and as individuals in this process.  And I know that this next step will bring us closer together.

So what will I be doing while Jason is gone?  That's a great question.

We plan to move out of our less-than-favorite rental house before he leaves, it's kind of expensive-- and it's never really been our favorite.  I'm not sure where I'll be living, we're still working out the logistics on that one.  I plan to continue working... and am hoping a few job opportunities pan out, so I can take the next step in my career.  My emotional and fitness journeys will continue while he's gone, because I feel like I'm on a great path to something solid.  And, I hope to spend some time connecting and re-connecting with friends.

Oh... and let's not forget the amazing care packages I will be sending overseas.  I'm excited I have someone to appreciate my awesome abilities to make and send a care package.... and of course, I will be posting those ideas on this blog.

It's an exciting time at the Lock-Tomlinson house!  A lot of planning to do... but still oh, so exciting.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...