Thursday, October 17, 2013

Eeek! Spider Pot Pies

This is my all time favorite fall recipe!  It is in know way super healthy-- but it's delicious and worth a splurge :)

You'll need a 10-ounce package of frozen veggies, I use carrots, peas, corn and green beans.  1/2 cup of chopped onion, 1/4 cup of butter, 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper, 2 cups chicken broth, 3/4 cup milk, 3 cups of cooked chicken-- cubed,  1/4 cup of parsley.

In a saucepan, cook onion in butter until it's tender.  Stir in flour, salt, thyme and pepper.  Add chicken broth and milk all at once.  Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.  Stir in frozen veggies and chick and parsley and cook until bubbly.


For the crust I used the same recipe I used for the Pumpkin Pop Tarts.  It's delicious and buttery for this  pot pie recipe.  Here it is again:

Courtesy: The Pioneer Woman
I can't stress how delicious this crust is.  Try it!!

Courtesy: Not Martha
I found this on Pintrest... and since it's Halloween month I wanted to try making our recipes a little spookier.  Like my Taco Salad, this recipe didn't turn out... but it was still delicious.


I realized after I made these, that the original recipe used puff pastry-- which is a little sturdier.  But, our pot pies were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...