Sunday, April 7, 2013

Braving the Gym

Happy Sunday night!  I hope you're all enjoying the weekend-- and ready for your week.  I'm getting back into the swing of blogging after a bit of a rough and busy time at work... And now that I'm feeling more up for the writing, I have a bit of an announcement for you:

After more than 20 pounds lost and about two months of morning walks, I've finally decided it's time to hit the gym!


It took months of research and some coercing from one of my friends at work, but we decided on Crunch Fitness.  One of the main reasons for our decision was financial.  It only costs $10 a month, and we signed up online so there was no enrollment fee.  Plus, my work will reimburse us the money-- and $10 is nothing considering we'll have to front it.



Crunch has a pretty good choice of classes in the morning that fits my schedule, because lord knows I'm not a weight-lifting, treadmill kind of girl!  Today we tried out "Pound."  Now, before you get any gross idea's about the class, read the description:
"Channel your inner performer and rock your body with this modern-day fusion of movement and music.  Drum along to a slammin' soundtrack using weighted drumsticks designed to transform drumming into a kick-ass, fat burning, full body interval workout that will leave you dripping sweat"
First of all, let me just say that this class kicked my ass today.  I'm still feeling "the burn" as I sit here typing this.  Also, it was fun and I could see how it would be a good way to get out your aggression if you've had a bad day.  Tomorrow, I'm trying Zumba.... wish me luck :)

I really enjoy group fitness, it pushes me harder than I can when I'm working out by myself.


My very last favorite thing about this new gym is that they track your workouts online for free.  So, I can sign up for a free profile and every time I swipe my gym card it goes into the system.  I can track my progress and set goals for myself.  It's pretty sweet!

Ok-- enough gushing about my new gym.  I want to update you a little more about my progress!  To date, I've lost 24 pounds.  I'm feeling great!  My jeans are getting too big (which is awesome, because I hate the size I am right now), and I've noticed my body is getting stronger.

BLT Grilled Cheese, The Grilled Cheese Grill                                            Chicken and Waffle, Screen Door

We've also decided to start venturing out into the restaurant world again.  I know both of those pictures above don't look healthy, but they were f-ing delicious.  And, I've made some healthy choices too.  It's been fun getting back out and enjoying some of this city's delicious restaurants-- and knowing that I can still lose weight while enjoying food.  We'll see?

What are your thoughts on joining a gym?  Are you a fan, or not?  Talk about what you like about your gym if you're one of those people... and if you're not, talk about why you decided not to join a gym.  What about eating out, how do you balance healthy eating with the occasional plan to go out?  Do you find it hard to make healthy choices?  Do you ever let yourself indulge?  I'd love to hear your feedback.  Leave a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...