Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Frozen Peanut Butter and Banana Treats

Are you an ice cream addict like I am?  If not, what the hell is wrong with you?  If you are-- have I got a healthy way to get a sweet frozen treat without compromising your calories.


These little bundles of joy are Peanut Butter-Banana bites, and you can have 7 of them for only 160 calories.   Honestly, I have 2 or three when I get home from work after a stressful "I NEED ice cream" kind of night, and I'm good to go.  I got the original recipe from FitSugar.com, but I made a few minor edits of my own.

Here's what you'll need (you can cut my directions in half, I like to make a double-batch for Jason and I)


Take 2 bananas and mash them up into a bowl, then add peanut butter and yogurt to the mix.  You can even do this in the food processor to make it a little smoother.   Put the mixture in the fridge for a few minutes to let it harden up.

While you're doing that, cut the rest of your bananas into half inch pieces.  Line your slices up on a cooling rack and place them in the freezer for a few minutes.

Once everything is stiffened up a bit, spread some of the Banana/PB mixture onto a banana slice and put another slice on top of the mixture-- like a sandwich.  Put your banana sandwiches into the freezer when you're done for a few minutes to let them stiffen up, and keep them in a plastic bag in the freezer to grab and eat.  YUM!

**Note: The mixture you make for the middle of these sandwiches would make a delicious frozen yogurt if making the sandwiches sounds too messy for you :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...