Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bacon, Pesto and Tomato Sandwhich

Happy Tuesday TAWPS Foodie Fans!  I know who you are, you're the ones who tune in every Tuesday for the next recipe I'm going to throw your way...

Well today's recipe definitely won't disappoint.  It could be a lunch or a breakfast item, and right now Jason and I are obsessed with it!


It's a Bacon, Pesto and Tomato sandwich   Yum, right?  Isn't your mouth just watering right now?  I came across this recipe on Prevention.com when I first started my quest to live healthy.  Not only is it delicious, it's incredibly easy to make!  Here's what you'll need:


3 slices of bacon
2 slices of bread
Lettuce
Tomato
Ready Made or Homemade Pesto

Cook the bacon to your specifications, and be sure to drain off fat.  While the bacon cooks, roast your tomatoes (if you want).  As I told you when I showed you how to make the Egg and Spinach Sandwhiches, I don't like the taste of raw tomatoes, so I like to roast them with some garlic and a little olive oil (in the oven at 425, for 11 minutes).  And don't forget to toast your bread.

Once everything is cooked and ready to go, spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on one side of the bread.  Then pile all your other ingredients on the bread, slap it together and enjoy!  We like to have this sandwich for lunch with sweet potato fries, and some fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...