Monday, March 10, 2014

Moving for the Health Conscious

Comfree.com

This move has taught me quite a few things...  but the most important lesson I've learned is how easy it can be to slip back into old habits-- when you're schedule is out of whack.  So I came up with a list of tips that could help you, and me in the future, when we find life taking over our healthy routines.

Let's talk about tips before I dive right in to mine-- I sometimes find when people give me advice it can be overwhelming, especially when my schedule is filled to the brim.  But I've also found that having a few pointers can help me stay focused during those busy times.



Make healthy food available to you.  Yes, it's easy to grab a quick bite at the drive-thru-- but that's also a quick way to derail your goals.  Take the extra time to pack yourself some healthy snacks and and lots of water.  That will give you less of a chance to backslide into bad habits.

Give yourself at least 15 minutes to do something active.  Take a walk, do some yoga, jog in place, do some crunches and sit ups-- whatever will get your heart pumping, if only for a moment.  This will help keep your body warmed up, so when you do finally get back into it-- you're not so busy.

Don't get discouraged if you do in fact backslide.  It's a part of the process.  We're all human and we all make mistakes.  And if you accept that part-- then it's easy to stay positive and quickly move forward.  If you beat yourself up-- you'll only feel more discouraged and that may cause you to backslide even more.  Trust me-- you don't want to do that.  For me, it led to an extra 20 pounds.

That's all I have for you.  I don't think there's any reason to overwhelm you with tips... and honestly, these will get you through the buys point in life. After that-- you can get back into your routine, and you'll be thankful you did something in the meantime.

How do you stay healthy when life throws the gamete at you?  Have you ever backslid?  What did you do to get yourself back in to your healthy habits?  Leave your comments below, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...