Sunday, March 9, 2014

Ok, I lied

I told you I would be blogging more last week... and I didn't.

I also promised a post about staying healthy during a move... and that didn't happen.

Basically what it boils down to is:  I'm a big fat liar!  But before you get mad, and find a better blog where people actually deliver what they promise-- let me explain myself.  Things had finally calmed down,  boxes were unpacked, work schedule settled, and I was finally starting to feel like myself.... and then I noticed just how empty and quiet the house was with Jason gone.



It's oh so empty, and quiet-- unless Khloe is barking.  Not to mention the fact that this was the week where everyone decided to ask me how I was doing.  It was a kind thought-- and I appreciated every last person checking in on me...

But it also got me thinking about just how lonely I am.  I instantly slipped into a funk.  Anytime the TV was off, or music wasn't playing-- the loneliness washed over me.  This is the first time I've been on my own in five years.  It's exciting-- but also difficult to deal with.   I'm away from close friends, most family, and a city that I feel absolutely comfortable with.

I know this move will be great for me in the end, but transitioning into a routine here has got me feeling a bit depressed.  I totally skipped the gym, my healthy eating habits, and my sunny disposition last week.  I spent most of my time in front of the TV, eating ice cream, drinking wine, and sobbing while watching Romantic Comedies.  A total single gal cliche, by the way.


That's pretty much what I looked like...

Oh...  I did have some triumphant moments though.    I made a trip to Ikea for furniture, in heels, and made it out alive and in less than 30 minutes.  I built that furniture all by myself in record time.   And I fixed the problem with my gas tank using a little ingenuity... and some yarn.  All moments that made me feel proud of myself.  I am strong, independent, and self sufficient.  But I'm not afraid to admit that I miss my boyfriend.

However, I don't want to turn into a woman who spends all her time wallowing in loneliness... and forgets that she has things to accomplish during this year of solitude.  I set goals in January... all of which I've ignored.  I have an incredible, new career opportunity that I chose to take-- and that I believe will push me in ways I haven't been pushed before.  And, I have a weight loss journey that has faced 20 pounds in set backs since the end of last year.  All of which I am keeping myself from by wallowing in the fact that I am lonely.

So this week--  I want to set a goal or two.  I've been out of it so long, I need to start small until I get back in the swing of things:


Go for a Walk at least twice this week.

Attend at least one Yoga Class and one Zumba Class this week

Log my food intake for one full day.

Write more than one blog this week.

I feel like this will get me started-- and give me some achievable goals to strive for this week.  Plus, I've realized there is are more valuable things I can do with my time then laying around and watching TV.  Speaking of TV, I'm going to try and stay away as much as I can-- though I did just start "House of Cards."

I hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

Do you have any goals you want to achieve this week?  How do you plan to reach those goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...