Monday, August 19, 2013

High-Profile Inspiration

There are a lot of amazing women out there, who are what the media consider "full-figured."   Sometimes when I'm feeling discouraged, or unmotivated... I turn to some wise words for women who are scrutinized about their bodies on a daily basis.  I felt that since we've been talking about body image this month, this was an appropriate time to share some of my favorites with you.  Some made me laugh, and some are just so damn insightful!




Does anyone else secretly wish Jennifer Lawrence was their best friend?


Funny, Talented, Smart and Beautiful!  Melissa McCarthy, thank you for being a role model for women everywhere!


Tina Fey is always able to make an observation in a witty way that just makes you think.


Well said Miss Stone!  Thank you for advocating for sugar lovers everywhere :)


AMEN Miranda!  And thank you for giving women an example of what it looks like to be comfortable in your own skin.


I found this last image on Pintrest, and I wanted to share it with you.  I think it's a good mantra to end the month with after this discussion of body image.  I know it's a really hard thing to talk about.  Having strong opinions about how we, as women, should feel about ourselves isn't the same as having a good body image...

I myself struggle with my body, and how I feel about it.  There have been times where I've absolutely loved the skin I'm in... and other times where I've hated looking in the mirror.  It's a slippery-slope... but I do know this:  when I've truly loved myself, I've succeeded in other aspects of life.  Just something to think about.

Is there anyone you look up to, famous or not, who has helped you gain a positive body image?  Who and how?  Do you have a special mantra or saying you use to keep yourself in check when your start feeling negative?  Please share your input below in the comment section, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...