Tuesday, August 20, 2013

One Pot Pasta & Turkey Meatballs

This week's recipe is one of my favorites because it's incredibly easy, and it doesn't use the oven.  Both are a plus in the summer when it's HOT!


This pasta dish is incredibly easy.  You throw everything in a pot, turn it on and let it cook. Of course, I had to be difficult and add meatballs to the mix-- but those aren't that difficult either!

I found the pasta part on this recipe, on Pintrest-- wherelse? :)


Courtesy: Apron Strings
While the pasta is cooking, I get started on the meatballs.  They're incredibly easy too!


Take a pound of ground turkey, 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of parmesean cheese, an egg, 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, 1/4 cup of parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of basil and some salt and pepper and mix it all together in a bowl.

I then used a tablespoon to measure out the meat, rolled it into a ball and placed it on a baking sheet.  When all the balls were made, I baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.... then I tossed them into the pasta and mixed everything up.

The meatballs aren't necessary, but I felt like this dish needed some protein.  You can do it either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...