Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Lemon Blueberry Muffins

Blueberry season is in full swing-- and while I haven't made it out to pick enough blueberries to make jam, I did get into my mom's backyard to pick a few of her blueberries to make my favorite muffin recipe of the season!


These muffins come from one of my mom's muffin books that we've had forever.  They're light and summery and makes an incredible breakfast.

Here's the recipe:


Now, I made a few changes to the recipe to make it a bit healthier.  First of all, I used lemon greek yogurt instead of regular lemon yogurt.  Instead of butter, I substituted coconut oil.  And I used wheat flour instead of white flour.  And of course, fresh Oregon blueberries!  Yummo :)


They're incredibly easy, and fast to make and freeze really well.  Try them out, I dare you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...