Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pumpkin Pop Tarts

Today is a great day folks!  It's the beginning of what I consider, one of the best month's of the year.  October is awesome.  It's when the weather really starts to cool off, the pumpkins start to form, and it's finally appropriate to wear sweaters and rain boots.  There is a wonderful quote to ring in this joyous occasion, and I'd like to share it with you now:

"I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
-- Anne of Green Gables

Thanks Anne :).
Since it's the first day of October, it's also the first day of our Halloween Advent Calendar (I'll explain more, and teach you how to make one, on Thursday).  Today, we're going apple-picking!  But before we go, I wanted to make something special for breakfast.


Aren't these adorable?

I found the recipe for these perfect Halloween treats on Pintrest, of course.

Courtesy: Babble.com

I decided to make my own pie crust, instead of buying it at the store.  If you go this route, make it the night before.  I found a recipe for the perfect pie crust, also on Pintrest, so of course I had to try it out and share it with you.  It's pretty damn good!

Courtesy: The Pioneer Woman
We decided to make these last night, so we could just wake up and have breakfast this morning.   Especially since this was a new recipe....


We each made a personal pop-tarts... and this morning we gobbled it up, and then we were on our merry way to pick apples.  I can't wait to share more with you.  Check out my Facebook page (you can follow me my clicking the Facebook Icon to the right), I'll be updating you everyday on our Advent Calendar activities.

Until then, enjoy these delicious pop tarts!  Happy October everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...