Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Egg and Spinach Sandwhich


One thing Jason and I have been trying really hard to do is make sure we have a delicious, healthy and filling breakfast each morning-- and this is one of my favorite breakfast recipes ever!  I found it on Prevention.com (This website has great recipes, workouts and motivation;  play around on it if you've got the time, it's worth it)


Now, I've altered this recipe to my own tastes.  Here's what you'll need:


Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  While the oven is preheating, cut your tomato into slices and place in a bowl with one chopped garlic clove and a teaspoon of olive oil.  Toss and place on a jelly roll pan.  Roast in the oven for 11 minutes.


While the tomatoes roast, put an English Muffin in the toaster and scramble an egg.  Cook the egg in a pan warmed with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.  You want to make the egg like you would an omelet  although you won't be putting anything inside the egg.

Once everything is cooked, layer a piece of Swiss cheese, some spinach, a tomato  and your egg on the English muffin and enjoy!  I like to eat this breakfast with a few apple slices, to get my fruit in.

The best part?  The whole thing is only 375 calories, and it will keep you full until lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...