Monday, May 2, 2016

Chicken-Hummus Power Bowl

I don't know about you, but sharing recipes is my favorite part about blogging.  I love good food, and sharing it with friends and family.  Today's recipe is one of my go-to lunch recipes.  It's delicious, easy to make, and super healthy!

Originally, I ordered something similar at Panera Bread.  It's called their "Power Bowl"-- and it's chock-full of powerful protein.  Plus, it's only about 300 calories!





Chicken-Hummus Power Bowl
Printable Recipe

2 Cups Baby Spinach
5 Slices of English Cucumber, Quartered
6-7 Grape Tomatoes, Quartered
1.4 Cup Shredded Carrots or 4-5 Baby Carrots, Quarted
1 Tablespoon Pumpkin or Sunflower Seeds
2 Tablespoons Garbanzo Beans
2 Tablespoons Hummus
1 Lemon, Quartered

Combine everything but the lemon into a bowl, then squeeze a quarter of the lemon over the top-- mix and you've got yourself a healthy little lunch.   You can add more veggies, or use half of the lemon if you want.  I usually only use a quarter because I don't like all the extra liquid hanging around the bottom of my bowl.  Pair this meal with fruit, I generally choose half an apple or some grapes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...