Friday, May 13, 2016

Review: "In a Dark, Dark Wood"

Oh.  My.  God.  I loved this book!

Where do I start?  I first heard about it while on my morning drive to work, back when I produced the 5 PM show.  Back then I got to listen to the end of  Morning Edition, when they talk to authors.  I've posted the interview below, so you listen to it.



Intrigued yet?



After I heard this interview, I had to go to straight to Amazon and buy the book.  You can buy it here for $16, or $9.69 if you're a prime member.  You won't be sorry, I promise.


This book is set at a bachelorette party at a home in the woods, in the middle of the English country.  From the beginning, I got a very uneasy feeling about what was about to happen.  The main character relieves an invite to a bachelorette party from a friend she had lost touch with over something from their past.  She's not invited to the wedding, but reluctantly goes to the party after being convinced by a mutual friend.

From here, we meet a cast of characters that are each suspicious in their own way.   A series of odd and uneasy things start to happen, and then the protagonist wakes up in a hospital bed-- and is at the center of a murder investigation, as the suspect!  WHAT??!?!?!?!?!?!

I finished this book in about 3 days.  I could not put it down, and I hope you pick it up and enjoy it just as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...