Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Falls at Sheppherds Dell

Early last month I posted about a hike we took to Latourell Falls last year.  I was sort of willing spring to get here, so I could get outside.  Then I got sick and spent several sunny days inside wishing I could will myself off the couch and get some energy...


We haven't made it out to the gorge yet to continue our effort to check off more hikes in my hiking book... so, I'm going to regale you with some more tales from last year's hiking trip.  The Falls at Sepperds Dell (picture above) are, in my opinion, one of the most overlooked falls on the Columbia River Gorge Highway.  The hike is not much, and should be accompanied by another falls.


We were fortunate enough to get to this falls on a gorgeous fall day.  The leaves had just started to turn, and framed the falls in a beautiful frame of greens and yellows and oranges.  We walked down the steep steps and around the 0.1 mile paved trail to the upper falls.


I've seen many painters parked at this falls, and it seems to be a good spot for artists.  This would also be a great, unpopulated spot to have a picnic lunch.

Perfect waterfall hikes to pare with Shepperds Dell:
Bridal Veil Falls (link to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...