Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Homemade Yumm Sauce

If you're from, or have ever lived in Oregon... particularly the Eugene area or the West side of Portland, you know about the hidden gem we call Cafe Yumm!  It's basically a healthy chain that serves up a lot of different options-- but they're famous for the Yumm Bowl, something I'll be showing you how to make at home next week.

One of the key ingridients in a Yumm Bowl, is the patented yumm sauce...  But since the closest store to me that sells Yumm Sauce is a half hour drive away, I've been searching for a way to make it at home...

And People, I'VE FOUND IT!!!!!!


That's right!  Thanks to the blog "Love and Greens" I now hold the key to making Yumm sauce at home, and I'm going to share it with you!  (You're welcome Oregon friends who no longer live in Oregon)


Take 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup almonds, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons), 1/3 cup nutritional yeast, 1 can garbanzo beans, drained, 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric into a food processor and pulse until it's combined.


That's it!  Now you can make Yumm Bowls at home, or put the sauce on burgers, wraps, pasta, nearly anything.  Delicious!

Next week, I'll teach you how to make yumm bowls-- it's just as easy, if not easier than the sauce itself!

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Cafe Yumm. Grew up in Eugene and now live in Washington, and while there are a select few grocery stores that carry this delicacy, it's hard to find. I'm so excited to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're excited! I love this recipe, and in my opinion, it's even better than the original! You'll have to let me know what you think :)

      Delete
  2. 1 can...would that be approximately 1 1/4 cup drained? I don't buy canned garbanzos, just make my own from dried beans, and freeze until I'm in the mood for hummus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for the late response. 1 can is 15 ounces, which is almost two cups. When I make my own garbanzo beans I just use two cups to make Yumm sauce. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Hi!! How long do you think the sauce can sit in the fridge? Im so happy I found this, just made it and died. I live in CA but travel to Oregon occasionally and became obessessed! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hayley! I believe it lasts for about 2 weeks before it starts to develop mold.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...