|Courtesy: Iowa Girl Eats|
The reason it's called a detox salad is because every ingredient does something to help your body flush out any toxins.
- Kale has a high concentration of vitamins A, C and K (all antioxidant vitamins). It's also high in Chlorophyll which naturally removes chemical toxins from the body.
- Spinach is high in Vitamin A which keeps the skin soft and bright.
- Cabbage activates liver enzymes that break down and get rid of body toxins. It also helps regulate the digestive system.
- Chopped Almonds are the best source of Vitamin E which nourishes and protects the skin
- Strawberries help deminish the negative effects of a high-fat meal.
- Carrots are high in vitimins good for the skin and eyes.
- Blueberries have high levels of antioxidants.
- Cucumbers help support healthy hair, skin and nails.
- Raspberries protect the skin from radicals.
- Oil-Based dressings are low in fat-- and you really don't have to use that much because of all of the flavor in this salad. I used a Raspberry-Walnut vinaigrette which brought out the sweetness in the fruit-- but a balsamic would also be great on this.