Monday, March 17, 2014

Still Transitioning

What a week...


I apologize for falling off the face of the blogesphere after Tuesday's post.  I had the best intentions to write some amazing posts, and then I got busy with work, dog sitting, building furniture, etc.  I'm still transitioning from this move.  It's taken quite a bit longer than I imagined it would.  I'll be honest with you, I think a small amount of depression has snuck in.



It's hard being here alone, in a new town, in a new house, at a new job-- without my support system.  I haven't felt inspired to get out and explore the town the past two weeks.  Honestly, I've been more focused on making my house a home that exploring my new town has fallen by the wayside.   Admittedly, it would be easier to be inspired to explore if I had my travel partner around... but I'm going to have to do some exploring without him here.

I did meet some of my goals this week, which I'm incredibly excited about... because it's one step closer to getting back on track!  I logged my meals four days in a row... five if I make it through today.   I wrote three blogs last week..  And, I went for a walk on a new trail.   I would have gone to yoga and zumba too, if during that walk I hadn't sprained my ankle tripping on a rock.  Clumsy Kerstin strikes again!

My ankle is still swollen, because I've never been good at resting when I'm supposed to. But I've been icing it every night and the swelling has gone down significantly.  I'll give it another day or two and then get started on my routine.  In the meantime,  I'm working on my nutrition.  But I have set some more goals for this week:

Continue Logging Food in my Food Journal, try to make it until Wednesday at least.

Continue Developing a Blog-Writing Schedule... let's try for 4 this week.

Go for One Walk, One Zumba, and One Yoga Class.

Create Some Visual Reminders for Work and Home.

There you have it folks!  I'm not sure how you guys feel about my posting goals here,  but it helps me to have someone to answer to right now as I continue transitioning back into normalcy.

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend.  Did you set any goals for yourself this week?  What are some things you're hoping to work on or get better at?  Leave your comments below in the comment section, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...