Friday, January 25, 2013

Starting a Virtual Book Club

When I lived in Eugene, I had this amazing group of women that I got together with each month for a book club.  We took turns choosing a book and hosting.  We drank wine and discussed some pretty amazing books, and gossiped... mostly gossiped.  But we talked about books too!

My favorite part about the book club?  We each picked a book that had a strong female character in it.  That, and I got to sit in a room with some amazing, intelligent ladies-- and it made me feel good about myself, and smarter to boot.

It's been a little more than a year since we disbanded, most of us are spread out across the country now.  But I miss those nights like crazy.  And I've been thinking of a way to re-create it.  Although it will never be the same, I was thinking I could do something here, on my blog.  One of the hardest parts about a book club is finding a time to meet, that suits everyone.  So I'm going to eliminate that here and now.

Starting in February, and every month after that.  I'm going to post a book on the first Friday of the month.  Then, on the last Friday of every month, I'm going to post a "book report" of sorts.  My thoughts on the book, etc.  I'm hoping ya'll will humor me by reading the book, and giving me your feedback in the comment section.  We'll see how it goes.

As for the content....

Courtesy: Ludlow & Comany
I found this awesome list over at Ludlow&Company.  There are some great suggestions on here.  And since I've been going through a "Quarter Life Crisis" for the last 2 years, I thought I would go for it.  Even if you're not going through a quarter life crisis, humor me and read the books.  They may just enrich your life.

See you next week for my first book pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...