Sunday, September 1, 2013

Injured

Courtesy: Livestrong
Bad news friends....

I tweaked my neck!  After putting in one day at the gym, and two days of hiking/walking, I woke up on Thursday in a panic.

I can't move! I thought.  And then I sort of yelled it at Jason..  "I CAN'T MOVE!!!!"  

It took me about 20 minutes to finally rise out of bed, and hobble my way around the house.  I decided to call into work, and spent the rest of the day hopped up on muscle relaxers and pain killers, sprawled out on the couch in an awkward position hoping something would help.

It didn't.

Come Friday, I was still in pain.  I could move a little better, but not by much.  But I decided it wouldn't be fair to my co-workers to call in another day, so I went to work and suffered through an 8-hour day.

Things have gotten slightly better... but not really.  I still grimace, when I move my neck in a weird way.  And I haven't been to the gym since Monday.  Plus, my stress of hurting and not working out has triggered my old issue of eating because I'm bored.  Thankfully, it hasn't done much damage to my weight.  Still 14 pounds away from being 300 pounds.

I've got to say, I'm a little mad at myself.  I pushed myself too hard on my first week back in the fitness game.  And now here I am, forced to sit on the sidelines until my body feels well enough to start working out again!

I was so excited to get back on track.  I had a goal of losing the last 14 pounds of my 300+ weight by the end of September.  I know that I have some time, but this little set back has bummed me out a bit.  I feel kind of foolish for pushing myself too hard, and not listening to my body when it was trying to tell me I was pushing too hard on Monday.  I could feel myself hurting, and yet I kept going... now, here I am.  Injured.

Things will get better and I will get back in the game, that I know.  But it's hard to sit by and know that I have to take some time off to feel better.  It's the waiting that's driving me crazy.  I want to go hard and bust through the plateau to lose more weight.  I'm ready to work hard and sweat it out... and yet I'm stuck here sitting while my body heals.  It's frustrating!

There's not much I can do about it, but wait.  I will tell you this much, though-- I will try extra hard not to ignore my body anymore.  After all, it knows best!

I hope you're all having a wonderful end to your weekend!  I hope to be up and moving around again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...