Thursday, March 7, 2013

Awesome Key Holder


One of my goals for 2013, is to get organized.  Another is to be more creative.  To do that, I've been spending a lot of time on Pintrest looking for ideas that I can do myself.

We needed some place to put our keys, that wasn't thrown on the dining room table, the dresser or the desk.  So when I stumbled on this idea from "The Purple Carrot" I knew I had found my solution.



To make this you'll need a cool frame, some hook screws, some paint and two frame hangers.   Paint the frame, and then screw the hook screws in.

**I bought my frame from Ikea for $4.  If you choose to do the same, be warned that the frames are made out of compressed fiberboard.  That means they'll crack when you screw in the hooks.  To fix this, I just glued the cracks shut with gorilla glue and painted over them.

Once that was done, I nailed a frame hanger into each corner, to keep the frame from tilting-- and that's it, you're done!

What do you think?  Is this something you would make for your home.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me or leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...