Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Laugh Lady Returns...

Ok, I'm a little late getting today's post to you... but last night I went out for a work party.


To be quite honest, I was a little hesitant about going.  I haven't been in the strongest of places, emotionally.  And I was worried about what alcohol was going to do to my emotions.  Honestly, I didn't really want to cry in front of everyone I work with... nor did I want to turn into a huge bitch and start fights with people...

Thankfully, none of those things happened.


I had a great time.  I laughed a lot.  And I got a really good glimpse of my old self.  The "fun" Kerstin.  It was really nice to see her out and about, all sassy and loud and ballsy.  I miss that girl.

Last night, got me thinking about this journey to happiness that I'm on.  I've come a long way since starting therapy and trying to lose weight.  The biggest change?  I no longer cry at the drop of a hat.  I've learned to let things go and deal with the challenges in front of me.  Something that seemed impossible just a few short months ago.

As far as the weight-loss goes-- I'm 40 pounds lighter and that in and of itself is an amazing accomplishment.  I haven't been 319 pounds since 2010.  THREE years ago!  Man, that's crazy.    Of course, my nutrition goals went out the window... but it was totally worth it!  :)

That's all I really have today. my hang over isn't allowing me to go too in depth.  But I just want to say that I'm really proud of how far I've come in such a short time, and I'm really excited to see where this journey is going to take me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...