Thursday, February 12, 2015

What I've Been Up To...

Hello strangers!

It's been quite a while since I updated you on my life.  I've missed my little corner of the internet, and I hope you haven't felt neglected.  Based on my Pintrest feed, a few of you have been getting some good use out of my Yumm Sauce recipe!  That shit is delicious-- I need to make myself some, and a Yumm Bowl to go with it.



Ok-- enough drooling over food.  I want to give you a glimpse at what I've been up to.  Most of my time has been focusing on work.  Since my last post, I went home for Thanksgiving-- then worked my way through Christmas and New Year's.  It's been a busy time at work lately.  We're in the February Sweeps period right now.  Here's a look at some of my work during the book:


I produce the weekday 5pm.  But since our show runs seamless from the end of the 4 to the beginning of the 5, my show starts at 4:54.  That's why there are a few stories before the top of the show.  I'm really proud of all the elements we used for weather coverage last Friday.  I've really been enjoying my time here in Sacramento.  I love the station, my co-workers, and I have a pretty supportive management staff.

But once the February Book is over, Jason will be home!  It's been nearly a year since he left, and words cannot express just how excited I am to have him home.  A lot of my time over the past few months has been planning the two work-free weeks I get to spend with my man.  I can't wait to share our adventures with you once he finally gets here!


Speaking of adventures-- my sister-in-law came down for a weekend of wine tasting!  We explored several Napa wineries, including the winery Hollywood based bottle shock off of.  I'll be blogging more about our adventures later.  But it was fan to have a visitor, and get out of the house for a weekend.


Finally, I've been spending a lot of my time geeking out over this amazing S.O.B.  I bought this collection as a Christmas present for myself, and have spent the past few weeks re-watching all his movies and these interviews.  Mel Brooks is my all-time favorite: the comedian, the director, the writer, the composer, the actor, the human being.  If there is one person I want to meet in my life it's him.  I've been having a gay old time laughing with this DVD set.

It's not much-- but these are the highlights of the last three months.  I'm hoping to get back into the blogging game, and will be posting more soon!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...