Monday, March 11, 2013

Getting Started

Ok, we've started Operation: Sweatin' for Seoul and maybe we've inspired you to start a fitness journey of your own...  If that's the case, where do you get started?


I've found that doing some research is the perfect place to start.  Read up on weight loss, talk to your doctor about starting a regimen, seek out blogs that deal with weight loss and eating healthy, research gyms and fitness programs, and start a workout or fitness-specific board on Pintrest, subscribe to some fitness-focused magazines...

Why is this important?

Well, what I've found over the past 3 years is that knowledge is power.  Not everything that works for one person will work for you, but if you have an idea of where you'd like to go and how you'd like to get there it will make the journey a little bit easier.

For example, I'm not much of a runner.  I don't like it, and every time I've tried a work out that deals with running I've ditched it in less than 2-weeks.  So, through my research I've found alternatives to running.

Also, some thorough research will give you some other options to fall back on in case your initial plan doesn't work out, or you need something to change up the routine. 

How do I get started?

The options I listed above are the perfect place to get started... but if you're still looking for information, I've listed three of my fellow bloggers below who I myself draw inspiration and information from.  I hope their journeys will inspire you to pick a path and you can go on from there:


And you can always come here for inspiration and information.

Are you starting a fitness journey for the first time?  If so, is there anything you're nervous or unsure about?  Maybe you've already started your journey, is there any advice you could offer someone just starting out?  Please leave your questions and comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for the shout out! I appreciate it and this post makes ME want to be a better support to anyone starting their journey. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime! I really like following your blog, so I thought I'd pass it on :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...