Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Importance of Support

Yesterday, Jason and I spent the day in Eugene with his family for his sister's baby shower.  Unfortunately, I was a bad blogger and left the digital camera in Portland... and the photos taken weren't on Facebook for me to steal this morning :)

But all's well.  It was another fantastic weekend of family and incredible support.  I've got to tell you, I'm really starting to like hearing how amazing I look!  It makes all my struggles with food and motivation seem trivial when people notice how hard I've been working to make this transformation.


On my way home, I got to thinking about my terrible choices for the past few months, why I've been making them and what I need to do to change them.

Honestly for the past few weeks, I've been feeling frustrated.  Frustrated that my clothes aren't fitting right, frustrated that I'm starting to feel bored by my fitness routine and frustrated by the meals we've been eating.  It's getting predictable and boring.  Which just means, I need to re-think what I'm doing and spice it up a bit.

Easier said than done...

But!  All the supportive comments have been an amazing reminder of why I'm doing this.  It gives me a renewed sense of motivation for the time being.  And now it's up to me to re-structure some things and keep myself motivated to make sure I meet my first goal.  I have 24 more pounds until I can buy myself a new swim suit!  And I'd like to lose that by my big trip to Montana... in August.

Courtesy: Red Dolly Swimwear on Etsy
This is the suit I want to get.  Isn't it adorable?  It's a pretty good prize for losing 58 pounds, don't you think?  Now I just have to stick with my workout plan (more on that tomorrow)

Before I go, I want to thank everyone for all the support over the last two months.  It's meant a lot!  And it's been very important to mine and Jason's success.  Whether it's a Facebook comment, and text or a comment in person-- it all means something to us, and it all contributes to our motivation to continue this journey...

And no, I'm not just fishing for more compliments :)

I hope you're all enjoying your memorial day weekend!  It's time for me to get my workout and walk on... and then head to work!  Enjoy the holiday (you lucky sons of guns who don't have to work)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...