Friday, August 30, 2013

Reusable Snack Bags

This week's project couldn't come soon enough!  On Monday, Jason and I ran out of plastic sandwich baggies and I thought to myself, "I wish there was a way I could replace these with something reusable, that I don't have to buy."


Well, there is!


A while ago, I found this pattern to make reusable baggies on Pintrest.  And I knew I wanted to try them...  So, I dug up some old fabric that I had left over from another project and for tried to figure out what kind of material I wanted to use for the inside.  That's when my cousin's girlfriend had a brilliant idea to use a waterproof vinyl on the inside.  So I took a trip to JoAnn Fabrics and bought a yard of it to try out.


I used Rip Stop Nylon for the inside.  Why?  Because I really wasn't interested in fusing together plastic baggies together like the author did in the original pattern.

Find the directions here.


I made about 22 bags, and used up all the scrap fabric I was planning to use.  I think they turned out pretty great!  And they work well for packing our own lunches.

This was my first encounter with a Pintrest project that I haven't wanted to change the way I put it together.... except the inside material.


I'm really hoping to find more patterns to replace the disposable materials in my life.  I've found a few things I'm wanting to try out.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...