Sunday, March 2, 2014

Getting Back in the Saddle

It's been a crazy several months!  New job, new house, new state.... and an extra 20 pounds.  That's right over the past four months with the packing and the moving I've slipped out of the fitness habit.  It's been terribly reminiscent of my college days.  Eating pizza and Chinese food, staying up late, sleeping in until 11, vegging in front of the TV.... it's been awful!

Thankfully, things started to change last week.  For the first time in about a month, I headed to Zumba at my new gym.  It was fun!  And I'm excited to get back into the saddle.  My schedule at work is stabilizing, I have a steady cash flow coming in, and I'm ready to stock the house with deliciously healthy foods-- and get my sweat on.

This fitness thing is always frustrating when I get out of the habit.  It's crazy how quickly you can fall out of the habit... and how long it takes to get back into it.   But this detour has taught me a few things about controlling your own food and exercise situation.  I'll be sharing them with you this week.

It's time to get to it today-- heading out for a walk with Miss Khloe!  Hope you're all having a beautiful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting back at it! My personal challenge lately has been finding the balance between eating whatever it is my stomach can handle (baby is a TYRANT) and that sounds good, and trying to exercise on days when I feel exhausted. A totally different situation from yours, but it's amazing what getting back into your workout routine can do. I attempted a yoga workout tonight that I used to do at least once or twice a week before we found out we were expecting, and while it was much harder tonight due to my muscles becoming wimpy over the past couple of months, the feeling when I was done was worth it. I'm so glad you're blogging again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...