Sunday, May 8, 2016

Tacos, Adulting & Emmys

Happy Sunday Lovelies!

I know during the week, I've been sharing posts on various subjects-- but on Sundays I wanted to start taking the opportunity to share with you some of what's been going on in my life, outside of my blog posts.




Last Sunday, we did the "Cinco K Fiesta Run" at the Budweiser Plant in Fairfield with my aunt and uncle.  We had such a great time last year, that we couldn't wait for the race to come back around.  You walk 3.2 miles and get tacos and beer at the end, what could be better than that?  This year, they added a 10k, so it was much more crowded.   The walk was still fun, despite the warmer temperatures, and the bigger crowds.  We had some interesting people sightings, too :)

My only real complaint?  The massive sunburn I got on my shoulders.  #PaleIrishAmerican


We also did some straight up adulting last weekend, including the a successful trip to Home Depot in preparation for our yard working extravaganza this weekend between the rain storms.  I don't know what it is, but every time we plan on doing some yard work it rains.  I think the universe is trying to tell me I need to hire someone else to do my yardwork :)

We also bought a new bike, after a group of jerk-faced thieves stole mine.  I am so excited to cruise around the neighborhood on my new set of wheels!


On Thursday, I got nominated for an Emmy!  This is the first Emmy nomination that actually has my name on it since college!  Stations I've worked for in the past have either not participated in the Emmys, or they have done station entries for shows that didn't include producer names.  This time around, I got to be a part of the nomination-- and I am so incredibly excited!!!!

You can watch the show below:


This was an incredibly crazy day!  I was doing the noon and the 4 that day, so I did the best I could to get this show ready in a short period of time, and make it thoughtful and powerful.  I think we put together a great show, and obviously the Northern California Chapter of the Emmys thought so too!  I feel very fortunate to work for such a great team, and I hope we are recognized with a win for our hard work.  Wish us luck!

Other highlights:  Jason bought me tickets to see Blink 182 in the bay area this fall-- so I will be time-traveling back to high school for the night to enjoy some poppy punk rock!  We booked our room/train tickets to San Francisco for the Macklemore concert at the end of this month.  And, we're going to see Motown the Musical the day after sweeps ends!   So, lots of entertainment in our future!

Hope you enjoyed my little update, see you next week for another update!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...