Friday, January 11, 2013

Monster Smoothies

Tales of an Amazon Woman

I stumbled upon this Monster Smoothie Recipe while doing my daily hour (or more) on Pintrest a few months ago.  Amy over at "Sing for your Supper" posted the recipe.  And, after trying it for a few weeks, we totally fell in love.

It's a great recipe, that leaves you feeling full and satisfied until lunch....

Plus, it's delicious!  I highly recommend trying it as a post workout meal.


I did wind up making a few edits to the recipe to fit my busy lifestyle.  I'll tell you now, I like to cook and eat at home more often than not, but I hate doing prep and clean up.  In fact, I like to do all of my prep up front when I get home from the grocery store, so I can just grab and go for the rest of the weeks/month between trips to the store.

Below you will find some TAWPS edits that will make sure this recipe is ready to go right when you want it.


What you'll need:
6 Bananas
1 bag each: Frozen Strawberries, Frozen Peaches and Frozen Blueberries
1 large container of spinach
6 zip-lock bags.

Tales of an Amazon Woman

First things first, grab your food processor and stuff as much spinach into it as you can.  Add some water (about 1/4 cup) and punch the "On" button.  Keep stuffing in spinach and adding water until all of your spinach is gone and you have a green liquid that looks a bit like pesto.

Pour your spinach mixture into ice cube trays, and put them in the freezer for a few hours until they look like green ice cubes.

Tales of an Amazon Woman

Then take 3 spinach cubs, 5 strawberries, 1 banana (roughly chopped) 5-6 peach slices, and 1/2 cup of blueberries toss them in a zip-lock bag and throw them in the freezer.

Tales of an Amazon Woman

When you're ready for your smoothie:  take out a bag, dump it in the blender; add milk, honey, yogurt, and flax seed (my add for extra omega 3's since I hate avocado, and don't eat much fish).... hit blend and enjoy.

The best news: no need for ice cubes because everything is frozen!

**Each bag makes two servings,  one of which I share with my boyfriend.  If you only want one serving every time you make a smoothie, just cut the portions in half and use double the zip-lock bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...