Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Steel Cut Oatmeal with Fruit and Nuts


Happy Wednesday All!  I'm enjoying this delicious oatmeal for a late breakfast this morning, and it's so good I wanted to share it with you guys.  I took my inspiration from the McDonald's Fruit and Maple Oatmeal...  except I made it even better.



Here's what you'll need:  1 cup of steel cut oats.  1 1/2 tablespoons of salted butter.  3 Cups of water and some fat free milk.


Melt the butter in a sauce pan, then add oats and toast them for 3 minutes.  While the oats are toasting, boil your water.  After three minutes, add water to oats.  Cover and let cook for 30 minutes without stirring.


This is what I got after 30 minutes.  Sometimes, the oats fully absorb the water, and in that case I add milk until they're this consistency.  But the milk is completely optional.


To top it all off, I dump a tablespoon of brown sugar, a dash of cinnamon, a handful each of walnuts and raisins and half a diced apple into the oatmeal, mix it all up and chow down!

It's a pretty delicious breakfast and filling until lunch.  Try it out, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...