Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekly Update #5

I've got a problem.  I can't seem to stop myself from eating after a stressful day.  And not even logging it in my food journal helped.  I'm not so much worried about the quality of extra food I've consumed, because none of it is horrible (no fast food).  But the quantity is going to keep me in the same weight place, if I don't do something about it.


Then last night, as we were coming home from celebrating a friend's birthday, I initially wanted to stop somewhere to eat and soak up the shot or two I'd had at the bar.  

As we approached the greasy fast food joint, I said to Jason:  "You know what?  Never mind.  I don't need that crap."  

Then we came home, I had 5 Ritz crackers and we went to bed.  Could this be a break through?  I mean, I couldn't stop myself from the samples of wedding cake my co-worker brought in earlier that day (sweets are a whole different beast for me)  But, I did keep myself from eating and endless number of meaningless calories that would have made me feel worse than a potential hangover the next day.  So, could cutting down on sweets really  be that far behind?

I don't know, but I've got to say I've really been proud of myself these past few weeks!  I've cut down quite a bit on endless snacking, I've managed to consistently workout 3 days a week, and I've stuck pretty closely to eating well-rounded, healthy meals.  Oh and I've lost 8 pounds!!!  (Like how I just threw that in there?)

Would I like to be working out more? Yes.  Would I like to be able to fully cut out the mindless snacks and sweets?  Yes.  Would I like the weight to just fall right off of me in time for spring and summer?  Yes.  But I'm making some good, healthy progress and I've got to remember to be happy for that!

One thing I think would make my effort even more successful is if I held myself accountable for my goals.  I know I set them each week, but then I forget about them and by Thursday when I remind myself I had goals, it's almost too late to be successful.  (Could I be self-sabotaging?)  It's not that I don't want to be successful, it's that I've forgotten what it is to be driven and goal oriented (thanks depression).  So,  I'm kind of re-learning those things.


This week, I've written out my goals and taped them up around the house, and set them on my phone to remind myself that I chose to get fit and be healthy.  Here's a look at this week's goals.

Do 4 BL Workouts, and 2 Yoga workouts.  Last week we only did 3, but I think we can do more than that.  My minimum goal is 4 BL workouts, but I'm really striving for 6.

Go for a walk or to the dog park every morning with Khloe.  We're starting to have a lot more energy these days.  And we've been taking Khloe to the dog park 3 days a week.  She's responded well to the exercise.... meaning there's no more giant holes in the wall of my house.  So,  I think it's time to give her more.

Really start logging my food intake.  Last week, I did this one time.   But I really want to make this a habit.  So this week, I'm going to try it again.

Choose a book at bedtime instead of the TV.  We've gotten into this crappy habit of sitting on the couch after our workout and watching TV.  And that ultimately leads to us pulling out the snacks and pigging out right before bed.   It's counter-intuitive to our goals.  So we've set aside a TV night to catch up on all of our shows.  And the rest of the time, I plan to hit the showers and then stick my nose in a good book right before bed.

Eat ALL meals at the dinner table.  We don't have dinner together because of our crazy schedules, but we do have breakfast and lunch.  And instead of spending those on the couch, I want to sit down and eat a meal together.  I'm sure it will help that instant feeling of "hunger" every time we plop on the couch and turn on the boob tube.  But I also think it will be good for our relationship, get us talking more :)

There you have it,  my goals for this week.  Hope you all had an amazing weekend! 

Are you a goal-oriented person?  How do you hold yourself accountable and make sure you meet your goals?  I could really use some advice this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...