Sunday, March 24, 2013

I'm Sexy and I know it! (Almost)

I want to start this week's check in with a little house keeping.  I feel like I've been a writing machine lately.  And most of the time I've been writing posts early and scheduling them to come out on different days each week.  I'm starting to feel a bit disconnected from what I'm posting each week.  So, I wanted to get your feedback.  

I asked a few friends to look over the blog, and tell me what they thought.  As you can see, I've made some slight changes, and there's more on the way.  But now it's time for you to weigh in.  What do you think of the set up?  What about the links and information tabs?  Is everything easy to find and understand, or should I make things more simple?  And what about the posts?  Is there anything I'm writing that you think is out of place, or are you in LOVE with all of my brilliance?  I'd love your feedback... and if you don't follow my page on Facebook yet, do it!  Khloe and I really want you to...


Ok.... now onto what I really wanted to talk about this week...  

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, then you know that this past week I lost 19.3 pounds!  

WHOOT WHOOT!  *does a celebration dance*

It's pretty exciting!  Not just the weight loss, but I'm actually starting to feel the difference.   On Friday, my towel actually covered my entire body-- instead of all but one roll of fat on the side.   It made me feel so good, that I spent the rest of the afternoon dancing around to Macklemore's "Thrift Shop" in my underwear singing into my hair straightener and posing in front of the mirror.




Yeah, that's how I celebrate some good old fashioned weight loss!  As of now, I'm about 40 pounds away from being under 300-- something I haven't been anywhere near for at least 4 years.

Which brings me to my next piece of news/next big decision...

On Thursday, my cousin posted this to her Facebook page...


... and it got me thinking.  I have never been too terribly comfortable in my body.  Even at my skinniest, I always felt bigger than everyone else.  And, I am bigger than everyone else... I mean I'm 6'2" for Christ sake!  But, enough about that.

I really admire this girl's balls!  I love that she took a scary image she has about her body, and conquered it by putting on a bikini... and she did it all with curves and a not-size-zero body type.  Now, I don't want to be one of those "curvy girls" that bashes on skinny women, because you're beautiful and ballsy too!  We're all beautiful; fat, thin, tall, short, black, white, yellow, green... and we need each other's support to get by.  After all aren't we all in the process of overcoming a fear or a negative thought about our bodies?

Ok, I'm getting off on a "You're beautiful" tangent, because I still haven't told you what I got to thinking about.  Basically, I want to do that.  Not to be a copy cat, but to get myself over this negative image I have about my body.  And one of my goals is to buy myself a sexy bikini once I reach my goal weight, because to be honest with you-- I've never, EVER, worn one.

So, my friends, here's my plan.  When I get under three-hundo, I'm going to post a picture of myself in a bathing suit.  No cover ups, no shorts... nothing by me and the bathing suit.  Then, I'm going to take myself out to the river or the lake and swim freely (unless it's still too f-ing cold outside)... because I deserve to love my body.  Then-- when I get to 250 (50 pounds more than my goal weight)  I'm going to buy myself a sexier bathing suit and do the same thing.

I'm upping the ante here folks.  I just hope it's motivation for me, and doesn't turn into something that scares me out of meeting my goals.

**takes a big gulp**

Before I leave you, I just want to say that besides raising the bar on myself, things are going really well!  I'm still as motivated as ever to track what I'm eating and go on my daily morning walk.  I've had a few lapsed days-- but nothing so crippling that it's thrown me off of my goals.  I'm hoping to post soon about setting goals and some other rewards I'd like to give myself once I meet them...

But, since I'm bordering on writing a short novel here-- I'll let you get back to enjoying your Sundays! 

Do you have any big ambitions in your weight loss journey?  Are you battling any negative thoughts about your body?  What do you do to turn it around?  Would you ever take a picture of yourself in a bikini and post it on the internet?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...