Sunday, October 20, 2013

One Final Goal

Howdy friends!

I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday night.  Today is great for me.  I finally made it back to Zumba for the first time in a week.  I've been feeling really uninspired to work out-- and because of that, I've felt incredibly sluggish.  But today, I got up and sweat it out on the "dance floor"... and I just feel amazing.

I've been having a hard time keeping a good eating and workout schedule.  I've been feeling a bit down, after trouble with a friend.  As much as I didn't want to admit it... it was tough and it had me in a space where all I wanted to do was sleep a lot, eat crap and watch a butt load of "How I Met Your Mother."  It also had me a bit angry with myself, for not sticking to my goals.

I feel really bloated, my clothes are having a harder time fitting right now, and I am incredibly lethargic.  All things I know for sure have to do with my diet choices, and lack of exercise.  I'm frustrated that I've gotten back into some bad habits, but I know it's not the end of the world.


As the clock ticks down on this year, I realized that I have not made an effort to keep any of my goals I set back in March.  I kind of made that list, and then forgot about it after a few months.  Looking back on them, I think....  Man, those aren't that hard, why didn't I try harder to keep them.  Even though I've been quite the slacker on my goals, I have accomplished some truly amazing things:

  1. I've lost 44.3 pounds so far.
  2. My period has come back on a monthly cycle for the first time in 10 years.
  3. I can fit in a size 20 jean for the first time since College.
  4. I feel comfortable in my skin.
  5. I haven't had a crippling "Fat Day" in nearly a year.
Everything on that list, is an incredible accomplishment.  I am so proud of myself for how far I have come since January-- both in my weight loss progress, and my emotional progress in therapy.  It has by no means been easy... nor will it continue to be, but through it all I've remained strong, and I've started making decisions that honor the person I want to be.

With all of that said, I want to clear the slate on my goals, and work on just one thing until the end of 2013:

I want to lose the last 15 pounds, to start the new year under 300 pounds.

This is a difficult task for me-- since the eating season is upon us-- but with some discipline and hard work, I know I can do it.    If I meet my goal, I will kick off the new year by showing off my new swimsuit.  Yes folks, I haven't forgot about that promise either.  (Click on the link of the last sentence if you're confused)


With that, I leave you with an amazing video about body image.  A friend posted this earlier this week, and it resonated with me so much-- I just had to pass it along.  

Have a fantastic rest of your Sunday, dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...