Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Banana Smoothie Muffins

I love to start my day with a delicious smoothie!  Those of you who have been following this blog for a while an attest to that.

I've shared some of my favorites with you right here:  The Monster Smoothie, The Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie, and The Apple-Kale Smoothie.  It's the perfect way to get protein, veggies, and fruit in your breakfast.  Plus, I can drink them during the car ride to work.



But, sometimes I wake up late and don't always have time to get my smoothie together-- so when I saw this recipe, I knew it would be perfect for those days.













Banana Smoothie Muffins-- complete with spinach, bananas, and strawberries!  Delicious and easy to grab on the way out the door.  Plus, they're easy to make!

Banana Smoothie Muffins
Printable Recipe

3 Ripe Bananas
2 Packed Cups of Spinach
8 Strawberries
1 1/2 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 Cup of Sugar
1 Egg
1/4 Cup of Canola Oil
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1/8 Teaspoon of Salt

Preheat the oven to 350-Degrees.  Puree the bananas, spinage and strawberries together in a food processor.  In a medium-size bowl-- combine the rest of the ingredients.  Pour the smoothie mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.  Spoon batter into a muffin tin, filling each cup about three-quarters full.  Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Makes 14 muffins.

Each muffin has: 155 calories, 4 grams of fat, and 2 grams of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...